Key questions/observations to take away from this risk management focussed article which explores how covid-19 has forced businesses to focus on their IT Security:
- How are you tracking and reporting gaps in fraud controls that have emerged over the pandemic?
- Are regular meetings and reporting lines still functioning effectively during remote working?
- Are you integrated with your information security team and connecting over cyber threat intelligence?
- Are fraud and financial crime detection systems included in cyber business continuity and disaster recovery plans?
- Are you involved in industry discussions to keep track of emerging trends?
COVID-19 has forced businesses to adopt new ways of working to meet new patterns of demand. And criminals have adapted their tactics to exploit those changes. Are your fraud and cyber controls able to meet the challenge?